FÉRIQUE Fund Management wants its governance to be based on the best practices in the field, because it knows that sound governance is important for its members, clients, employees and for the entire community.
Board of Directors
In cooperation with senior management, the Board’s main responsibilities are:
- Discuss and approve the strategic plan proposed by management including the definition of the mission and vision of the organization;
- Ensure that criteria are established to measure the success of the strategic plan, ensure its proper implementation and success;
- Approve all material information for members, including annual reports and financial statements.
Investment Monitoring Committee
The Investment Monitoring Committee (IMC) is a statutory committee responsible for making recommendations to the Board on the management of the Funds and the choice of managers. It brings together five to ten members who are appointed by the Board and who have recognized expertise in financial matters.
The IMC’s main responsibilities are:
- Ensure that methods, procedures and internal controls are put in place to allow the proper conduct of operations related to the management of FÉRIQUE Funds, such as the offer, responsible investment, policies, performance and risk monitoring and the production of regulatory documents.
Audit and Risk Management Committee
All committee members must be financially literate and independent. The main responsibilities of the Committee are to:
- Ensure the integrity of the financial statements of the organization and of FÉRIQUE Funds;
- Ensure the effectiveness of the financial information disclosure process to ensure compliance with applicable standards;
- Monitor the independence and performance of the external auditor;
- Ensure the effectiveness of the internal control systems of the organization and of the FÉRIQUE Funds;
- Ensure that the risk management practices necessary to monitor the organization's main risks are in place.
Human Resources and Remuneration Committee
The Committee’s main responsibilities are:
- to ensure that the necessary policies and procedures are in place to manage the organization’s human resources effectively;
- to ensure that the necessary policies and procedures are in place to ensure that the organization’s employees, including its main officers, are remunerated in an equitable and competitive manner; and
- to monitor the risks related to the organization’s human resources by ensuring that an appropriate internal management environment is in place.
All the Committee members must be independent. Its main responsibilities are:
- Ensure that policies and procedures are in place to ensure compliance with the ethical principles, rules of governance and the code of conduct of the organization;
- Ensure that the structure, composition and performance of the board and committees ensure their proper functioning;
- Ensure the diversity and complementarity of the skills and experience of Board and committee members, as well as plan their succession.